Hype
The Time Quest Forever

hype the time quest, zelda answer, pc games, medieval, playmobil, lego,playmobil interactive, taskan ,gogoud ,vibe ,knight ,fansite,hype,

The Inn (Forum)

Forum Home > Hype-related Projects > Hype - Challenge (a difficult version of Hype for masters)

Darnok_PL

Hey, I believe HTTQ is quite to easy for people, who have played this game many times, so I have created mod, which by swap of maps creates a very hard version of Hype withouth jewels, which in spite of it allows to win the whole story. It's only a bit shortened. Therefore stregth of Hype's sword and his limit of life and magic energy don't grow up, and enemies are everytime harder to defeat (in era of Taskan IV you have to hit a typical soldier 20 times!).

Instead of sundial, to travel in time you will use following portals/byways:

To the future:

Monastery I -> Monastery II

Brigand Village II -> Brigand Village III

Lost City III -> Gogoud's Manor IV

Lost City IV -> Black Tower IV

To the past:

Gogoud's Manor IV -> Gogoud's Manor III

Gogoud's Manor III -> Gogoud's Manor II

Gogoud's Manor II -> Gogoud's Manor I

In one era:

Brigand Village III -> Gogoud's Manor III (it's the only way to visit Gogoud in era of Taskan III)

Detailed information in file Readme.txt (in zip-file), please read it, if somebody wants to try my version, it includes very important things.

Link: http://speedy.sh/nu6aB/Hype-Challenge.zip

It works on every language version of Hype. I have just tested and won it.

I am waiting for comments and opinions.

April 21, 2014 at 5:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HeroHype

Just to know that someone created a mod for HTTQ is awesome.

I didn't try it yet, but i'm grateful for this work!!

Now i can play a other Version of the best game ever! ;)

Unfortunately i havn't much time the next months... but i will play it and i will comment this post again!

--

April 22, 2014 at 6:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HeroHype

I think this is great work so i offer you that i translate the german part of the Readme.txt to make your work ready for the Downloads Page ;)

--

April 22, 2014 at 7:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

I have already tried to write a german version of Readme.txt too. But I don't speak this language very well, so it can of course have some mistakes. You would really help me, if you corrected it. 8)

New version includes some interesting (I hope) changes, for example: you can fight vs both Senekal and Gladiator (like here: http://hypeforever.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=191574300). What's more you can keep some items forewer (for example First Dragon's Breastplate).

April 22, 2014 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HeroHype

Seems to be a good challange to fight both :D
You will find the german text on Inbox in 10 Minutes.

--

April 22, 2014 at 7:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MothBallFamicom

Will try to play it live some time!

--

It's only by great effort that you can achieve great results

April 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

New version of Hype - Challenge (with modified german version of readme.txt): http://speedy.sh/eC8ga/Hype-Challenge.zip

--

WWW: Twitch, YouTube
Speedruns: Any% - 1:54:31 (WR), Gee% - 17:53 (WR)

April 28, 2014 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MothBallFamicom

Did you use any programation to do this or did you only swap thing around in the directory?

--

It's only by great effort that you can achieve great results

May 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

It is an effect of swapped maps only. Therefore you can install it with .bat file.

--

May 1, 2014 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

New link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5erhh9076klmcyi/Hype_Challenge.zip
Now on Mediafire, so that I can reupload new version of it by the same link.

--

July 30, 2014 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jambo816

So, I have all my Hype files on a flash drive so I can play the game on multiple systems, but when I installed your challenge, I can't figure out how to run it. Any help?

February 27, 2015 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

Well, I have written all required information in Readme. To install Challenge, you have to put "Hype-Challenge.bat" in main installation folder "Hype - the time Quest" and to activate my file ONCE. It just renames level's files of game.

I believe I will make a better installator later, when I get more knowledge on programming.

If you do this right, game will still work and you start your mission on Gogoud's Manoir I. Some levels will be swapped and for example while getting into Monastery I you will appear in Monastery II - it will be the only way to get to era II, because you won't get any jewels here. Therefore game will be more difficult.

If you want to return to normal Hype you can run bat-file "Restore-Hype" that repairs all swapped files.

--

February 28, 2015 at 2:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jambo816

Okay. Thanks much! :)

--

Here's how the race works... -Wellet, son of Jamous

February 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

I have added the walkthrough of Hype - Challenge. I hope my voice and comments are not so bad :).

http://hypeforever.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/18842930-hype-challenge-walkthrough-1-2-

--

July 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

All That Nostalgia

Darnok_PL at July 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM

I have added the walkthrough of Hype - Challenge. I hope my voice and comments are not so bad :).

http://hypeforever.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/18842930-hype-challenge-walkthrough-1-2-

Well Im afraid that link doesnt work for me but its great to see that this site isnt dead yet.Was kinda afraid I found this way too late.

And man that mods is hard (but fun or course)

July 26, 2015 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

Yes, I have temporarily removed that movie. I am working on a better one and I will share it later.
It is pity, I cannot just delete this false link from this forum, although I am an author of the thread ;)

Have you managed to win the whole game? :)

--

July 27, 2015 at 8:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

New walkthrough, this time without any death and I hope that with better comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqpDkT1DJKo

--

July 30, 2015 at 5:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheM

Wow nice; I really have to try this. Thank you!  :-)

October 17, 2015 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheM

Argh, Rajoth killed me (first try)...

For some reason it didn't save at the checkpoints so I have to start all over again...  :-/

October 18, 2015 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

Well, some of location for savegame doesn't work, there is a full list in readme. As I see my version is hard enough. ;)

--

October 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.