Hype
The Time Quest Forever

hype the time quest, zelda answer, pc games, medieval, playmobil, lego,playmobil interactive, taskan ,gogoud ,vibe ,knight ,fansite,hype,

The Inn (Forum)

Forum Home > General Discussion > Memories of Hype

jambo816

What are some of you most memorable/hilarious memories of Hype the Time Quest? When did you first get the game?

--

Here's how the race works... -Wellet, son of Jamous

March 2, 2015 at 1:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moonlighter
Site Owner

Oh I was very, very young. It didn't even work correctly (ha, so Hype of it). I remember playing it smoothly for the first time, at school. It was the demo. I was so fascinated it, I promised myself i'd buy the full game someday...And here we are!

--

Ha, it's human nature - Zatila

June 14, 2015 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Findus

Well, I was never able to figure out how to beat Mhasse (Monk). So that room is quite memorable for me, jumping onto his table and trying to figure out, how to deal with that "invincible" bastard. 

I actually don't remember how I even got to Mhasse, considering that I was terribly afraid of Granslak, when I was a kid. Meeting a giant clown-ish creature with that constant abhorrent laughing scared the shit out of me. The first glance at him, with that sudden (and way-too-loud) music is therefore pretty memorable. Also I remember feeling overwhelmed by his "invincibility". 

Oh and one more thing. That room with the ghosts in the T1 dungeons. When I first replayed that part a couple of years ago on a modern PC, I was so confused why that room seemed so bright - since I remember not being able to see anything in there, aside from the ghosts. Playing that part on an old (tube) monitor seems to be a lot different. Next to me being convinced that the ghosts are "invincible" (sigh) I recall not having any sense of orientation in that room. I must have found the exit out of pure luck, because it was too dark to really see what was going on and I was stressed out because of the flying fellows anyways.

July 9, 2015 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

Well, when I was 5 years old, I was using newspaper, to play (I wanted my parents to read me it ;)).

But when have seen ghosts in Dungeons first I got a bit scared, I run away to Mid Dungeons, saved game and haven't appeared in this room for about 2 years (I have never finished Dungeons IV as a result). In Forest II and Forest III I was just escaping, but in Dungeons it was too scary to try :) .

When I at last won Dungeons IV, my next problem was Barnak. I believe, I was trying to fight with him about 20-30 times, before I managed to beat him (I had 1 mauve potion and some herbs, if I remember well). I managed to win him, when I invented a trick: "it's better to hit him while running backward, so that he won't dissappear". I was 7-8 years old, but I was proud.

My next goal was to find Glacia Ring and Glacia Dragon which were hidden and not explained in newspaper. I was looking for them everywhere (even in forests). I got Dragon quite easy, but for Ring I had to wait many years - I was over 13 years, when I had an idea, to experiment with teleports in Black Tower III (in newspaper I had red-yellow-blue only). I was so happy :D, when I saw the result.

I don't know how many times I have won Hype, I was playing it in Polish, English and German versions (to practise my language), I even played it before oral english-exam and listening helped me a bit :) .

I believe I have won Hype over 250 times in my life (with Hype-Challenge, which is shorter, but more difficult, and it is however something new, so I got not to bored :) ).

--

WWW: Twitch, YouTube
Speedruns: Any% - 1:54:31 (WR), Gee% - 17:53 (WR)

July 9, 2015 at 2:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheM

I can relate to the ghosts in the dungeons with those old CRT monitors... I remember that I could barely see anything and was really surprised when I found the treasure vault.

October 17, 2015 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

Oh, yes. I remember trying to find this treasure for my friend. But on his monitor it was impossible...

--

WWW: Twitch, YouTube
Speedruns: Any% - 1:54:31 (WR), Gee% - 17:53 (WR)

October 17, 2015 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jambo816

Wow guys, I never knew how much this game has impacted our lives. Honestly, this was one of the first games I ever played, and it still lives on in my heart. 

I can totally relate with the ghosts, those guys used to scare the living crap out of me. I also thought the skeletons were pretty darn scary too.

--

Here's how the race works... -Wellet, son of Jamous

October 22, 2015 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.