Hype
The Time Quest Forever

hype the time quest, zelda answer, pc games, medieval, playmobil, lego,playmobil interactive, taskan ,gogoud ,vibe ,knight ,fansite,hype,

The Inn (Forum)

Forum Home > Cheats and Hints > Time travel cheat

Greenlander

Hello there,

after almost 2 decades I wanted to play our dear hype again and I was wondering how that one cheat was working. Somehow I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

I remember it was just possible to access it right after/during or before the fighting tutorial after you start a new game. You had to go 1 level lower than this practice area right to the exit of the cave and either do a special movement or some keyboard input. I can't really remember but when you did it correctly a lever appeared on the wall and you've been able to travel to all remarkable points in the storyline.

Any of you able to remember that cheat/feature cause it seems like it's forgotten. Can't find it on any popular cheat sites and forums :/

Regards

Green

March 25, 2017 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

Maybe (but I am not sure) you are talking about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PnMMmb3EjQ

--

WWW: Twitch, YouTube
Speedruns: Any% - 1:54:31 (WR), Gee% - 17:53 (WR)

March 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greenlander

sadly it's not. I think you have to do the training tutorial after starting new game and this cheat has to be done here:
https://youtu.be/NoTLVLiLgG0?t=13m2s   (@13:02)

right when this guy walks out the cave there is the spot. and the lever will appear on that wall faced to the sea.

March 27, 2017 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moonlighter
Site Owner

THIS IS SO AWESOME OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

--

Ha, it's human nature - Zatila

July 1, 2017 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moonlighter
Site Owner

Sorry guys, but after so much time playing this game, to find out there are still secrets in there is exciting haha

--

July 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moonlighter
Site Owner

After some hours and posts on our Facebook group, I was able to figure everything about it out

1.You can do it once per game, it doesn't matter the point you are on

2.Go to Gogoud's Manor I, next to the future Secret Room's Cave exit

3.Type in "DEBUG". A lever will appear for some seconds.
4.Lowering the lever will activate the real debug mode of the game. According to one of the programmers in our Facebook group, it will make some cheats avaliable.

5.The time travel one (which allows leaping through various events across the game) is teleXX, where XX is a number between 00 and 36.

ex.: After activating the lever, tele02 will take you to Fortress I, prior being arrested.

Thank you for pointing this out, this was forgotten it seems...

--

July 2, 2017 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darnok_PL

Haha, this one wonders me even more than my Easter Egg :D
Btw, I have just realised that if you enter Dungeons I that way and warp to another level, you still don't have weapons ;)

--

WWW: Twitch, YouTube
Speedruns: Any% - 1:54:31 (WR), Gee% - 17:53 (WR)

July 2, 2017 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moonlighter
Site Owner

Should have mentioned it haha
Not really. This "master code debug" cheat has been around before - I needed a programmer from the original game on our Facebook Group to point it out to me, and then I could find it in a french old website. The one you discovered, however, is pretty much new - haven't found any mention on it before hahah

--

July 2, 2017 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dragon Eyes

I'm french canadian and still have the game in french (best version just saying) but the only reason I played pass the fat monk is because of the cheat. I was too young to understand how to beat the monk. I found the cheat on a french website back in the day. (forgot about it since I no longer need to cheat). Still nice to know that I knew something special :)

July 5, 2017 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moonlighter
Site Owner

You certainly did, i've been playing Hype for ages and I never knew about these hahaha

--

July 5, 2017 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greenlander

Moonlighter at July 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Sorry guys, but after so much time playing this game, to find out there are still secrets in there is exciting haha

Aye thats exactly what I was searching for

Thanks a lot for your effort in finding those details Moonlighter.

It's really strange that debug mode is so unknown. My dad used to have some sort of cheat codes guide back in the days and I just barely rememberd this feature as if it was a dream long time ago :D

I should ask him for it since I know he printed it and probably still has it somewhere. Who knows what else is written on there ^^

Those are the codes btw from the french website

TELE01 : Toras

TELE02 : Fort

TELE03 : Dongeon

TELE04 : Monastère 1

TELE05 : Manoir

TELE06 : Forêt

TELE07 : Ciel 1

TELE08 : Toras 2

TELE09 : Monastère 2

TELE10 : Laboratoire

TELE11 : Astrolabe